Date Open: August 13, 2012 Date Closed: Until filled
JOB SUMMARY: The Video Editor plays a central role in LA 18¡¯s Post Production group to create visually compelling productions and ensure compliance with the company¡¯s design style guide. The Video Editor works closely with staff to produce commercials, public service announcements, promotional material and all other design requests that require both still and motion design expertise.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Create and edit material for LA 18 KSCI, including commercials, PSA¡¯s, on-air promos and sales tapes. Edit long form programming as needed. Deliver all content accurately and on time.
2. Collaborate with producers and coordinators to meet daily deadlines.
3. Design creative animation and graphic sequences.
4. Ensure all deliverables meet broadcast technical specifications.
5. Lend creative and technical input when necessary to enhance production.
6. Manage multiple projects while maintaining efficiency and creativity on all projects.
7. Complete other post production related tasks as assigned.
1. Bachelor¡¯s Degree or equivalent work experience.
2. Minimum 3 years experience editing on Avid editing system.
3. Minimum 3 years experience in working with AfterEffects, Photoshop and Illustrator programs.
4. Ability to work as a team player with multi-cultural and multi-lingual clients.
5. Accuracy and attention to detail.
6. Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines while providing excellent work.
Speak, write and/or understand Mandarin and English. Strong work ethic, positive attitude with the ability to handle multiple tasks a must. Ability to work in fast paced, high-pressure environment while maintaining professionalism with team members. Strong communication skills, great attention to detail and the ability to work effectively under tight deadlines needed. Ability to work in supervised or unsupervised environment. Excellent organizational and time management skills required. Must be creative and self-motivated. Must be able to learn and grow with new technology.
Submit resume and demo reel to: LA 18 KSCI-TV
1990 S. Bundy Drive, Suite 850, LA, CA 90025
Email: jobs@LA18.tv Fax: 310 479-8118
Equal Opportunity Employer